1. Our Knowledge: Wasted by not taking action with it !
2. Our Actions: Wasted by committing them without sincerity.
3. Our Wealth: Wasted by using on things that will not bring us ajr (reward from Allah). We waste our money, our status, our authority, on things which have no benefit in this life or in akhirah (hereafter).
4. Our Hearts: Wasted because they are empty from the love of Allah, and the feeling of longing to go to Him, and a feeling of peace and contentment. In it’s place, our hearts are filled with something or someone
5. Our Bodies: Wasted because we don’t use them in ibadah (worship) and service of Allah.
6. Our Love: Our emotional love is misdirected, not towards Allah, but towards something/someone else.
7. Our Time: Wasted, not used properly, to compensate for that which has passed, by doing what is righteous to make up for past deeds.
8. Our Intellect: Wasted on things that are not beneficial, that are detrimental to society and the individual, not in contemplation or reflection.
9. Our Service: Wasted in service of someone who will not bring us closer to Allah, or benefit in dunyaa.
10. Our Dhikr (Remembrance of Allah): Wasted, because it does not affect us or our hearts.
From Br. Mukhtar, based on a lesson of Imam Ibn Qayyim al Jawziyyah
- The right answer (selalu mencari satu jawab yg paling benar)
- That’’s not logical (terlalu berfikir menurut logika)
- Follow the rules (terlalu mengikuti peraturan )
- Be practical (terlalu berfikir serba praktis)
- Play is frivolous (menganggap bahwa bermain itu tidak bermanfaat)
- That’s not my area (terlalu membatasi pada spesialisasinya)
- Don’t be foolish (takut terlihat bodoh )
- Avoid ambiguity (menghindari hal yang tidak jelas)
- To err is wrong (menyesali kesalahan yg dilakukan)
- I’m not creative (merasa dirinya sendiri tidak kreatif )
1. Live with the 3 E’s — Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
2. Play more games.
3. Read more books than you did the previous year.
4. Make time to practice meditation, yoga, and prayer. They provide us with daily fuel for our busy lives.
5. Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
6. Dream more while you are awake.
7. Forget issues of the past. Don’t remind your partner with his/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
8. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
9. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
10. The best is yet to come.